There is no organization more qualified in swim instruction than the Y, who invented swim lessons in 1903. The Y teaches water safety, a critical life-saving skill for all children and adults, and how to swim. These skills builds confidence and makes it possible to safely enjoy pools, water parks and the outdoors.
Next Swim Lessons Begin
Spring Swim Lessons
Group Lessons – 2x/week for 4 weeks(Tuesday & Thursday)
February 2-February 25
March 2-March 25
April 6-April 29
May 4-May 27
Summer Swim Lessons
Group Lessons – 4x/week for 2 weeks (Monday-Thursday)
June 7-June 17
June 21-July 1
July 5-July 15
July 19-July 29
August 2-August 12
- EACH CLASS INCLUDES 8 SESSIONS
- 30-minute class designed for children 6 to 36 months and their parents. The primary objective is water adjustment for the child. The parents will be taught how to work with their child and how to keep their child safe in and around the water. Activities are based on the developmental abilities of the child.
- Level 1 (Beginner 3-5 year olds)
- For children with no previous experience.
- Level 2 (Advanced Beginner 3-5 year olds)
- For children who are comfortable in the water and can swim independently 5ft or more.
- Level 3 (Intermediate 3-5 year olds)
- Children review previously learned skills, improve stroke skills, build endurance, learn to tread water and perform basic diving skills.
- Level 4 (Beginner 6-12 year olds)
- To pass to the next level they must be able to swim 5-10 ft. on their own.
- Level 5 (Intermediate Beginner 6-12 year olds)
- This advanced beginner class reinforces the level 4 skills. It is for children who are comfortable in the water and can swim independently 5ft or more.
- Level 6 (Advanced Beginner 6-12 year olds)
- Children learn the crawl with side breathing, backstroke, elementary back, breaststroke, and sidestroke. Basic diving is taught at this level. To pass they must master all skills.
|Day Camp Participant||1/2 off|
Please fill out both forms below:
Financial assistance form
Private Lessons: Get one-on-one attention. Private lessons are $20/members and $30/program participants. Private lessons include one, 30 minute session.
Registering your child
Download and fill out the registration form.
See the Class Descriptions for more information.
Here are some guidelines:
- If your child is 6 months 2 years old sign your child up for the Parent/Child class.
- If your child is 3-5 years old and has never taken swim lessons or has not taken swim lessons since last summer, sign them up for the Level 1 class. If your child took swim lessons in the spring and passed, sign them up for the Level 2 class.
- If your child is 6-13 years old, look over the Class Descriptions list. If your child cannot perform the skills at the Level 4, sign them up for that class, and so on.
Swim Lesson Success
“My son has learned so much since starting swim lessons – not only about how to swim, but how to focus on the task at hand and work with others. The Y instructors are kind, courteous, patient and interact with a good attitude and a smile. What I enjoyed the most from the instructors is that they keep calm, even when the children are not at their very best.”
– Parent of Swim Lesson Participant