YOUTH SWIM LESSONS
National YMCA aquatic programs are designed to teach personal water safety and swimming skills to children. Our classes are divided by age and then by skill level. Class sessions are 30 minutes for pre-school age, and 40 minutes for school age and adult classes. Sessions consist of eight lessons.
|1||June 1 – 11|
|2||June 15 – 25|
|3||June 29-July 9|
|4||July 13 – 23|
|5||July 27 – August 6|
Private Swim Lessons Available All Year
- EACH CLASS INCLUDES 8 SESSIONS
- 30-minute class designed for children 6 to 36 months and their parents. The primary objective is water adjustment for the child. The parents will be taught how to work with their child and how to keep their child safe in and around the water. Activities are based on the developmental abilities of the child.
- Level 1 (Beginner 3-5 year olds)
- For children with no previous experience.
- Level 2 (Advanced Beginner 3-5 year olds)
- For children who are comfortable in the water and can swim independently 5ft or more.
- Level 3 (Intermediate 3-5 year olds)
- Children review previously learned skills, improve stroke skills, build endurance, learn to tread water and perform basic diving skills.
- Level 4 (Beginner 6-12 year olds)
- To pass to the next level they must be able to swim 5-10 ft. on their own.
- Level 5 (Intermediate Beginner 6-12 year olds)
- This advanced beginner class reinforces the level 4 skills. It is for children who are comfortable in the water and can swim independently 5ft or more.
- Level 6 (Advanced Beginner 6-12 year olds)
- Children learn the crawl with side breathing, backstroke, elementary back, breaststroke, and sidestroke. Basic diving is taught at this level. To pass they must master all skills.
|YMCA Day Camp Participant||$40|
Please fill out both forms below:
Financial assistance form
Private Lessons: Get one-on-one attention. Private lessons are $100/members and $150/program participants. Private lessons include eight, 30 minute sessions.
Registering your child
Download and fill out the registration form.
See the Class Descriptions for more information.
Here are some guidelines:
- If your child is 6 months 2 years old sign your child up for the Parent/Child class.
- If your child is 3-5 years old and has never taken swim lessons or has not taken swim lessons since last summer, sign them up for the Level 1 class. If your child took swim lessons in the spring and passed, sign them up for the Level 2 class.
- If your child is 6-13 years old, look over the Class Descriptions list. If your child cannot perform the skills at the Level 4, sign them up for that class, and so on.